Skip to content
To Set You On Your Way
Key Takeaway from Video:
- The 80/20 Rule
- Please eat mostly healthy, nutritious, whole foods to make sure that you are meeting your fiber and micronutrient minimums.
- The 20% is there so that you enjoy the diet and are able to sustain it long-term.
- How close do you need to come to your macros?
- We recommend coming between 5 to 10 grams of each for the day.
- The closer that you can get, the better. But, do not stress over hitting these numbers perfectly.
- Exchanging carbs and fats?
- You do have this option.
- Just remember that 1g of carbohydrate is 4 calories and 1 gram of fat is 9 calories.
- Try your best to hit them but if you need more flexibility, it’s there.
- Tracking Alcohol?
- Google how many calories are in your favorite drink and subtract these calories from your food intake for the day.
- Always make up the difference from carbs, fats, or a combination of both.
- Strategies for eating out?
- We recommend limiting the number of meals you eat that you are not preparing yourself.
- Always overestimate.
- Think of your daily calories as your budget.
- If you know that you are having a bigger dinner, cut back on breakfast or lunch.
- Plan ahead and look at the menu in advance.
- Box up half right away.
- Choose your battles.
- Go lighter on your appetizer and entree if you are planning to have dessert or drinks.
- Avoid a lot of sauces, dressings, and oils/butter used in the cooking process.
- Mistakes to Avoid?
- Some of our biggest lessons come from failures.
- There are no mistakes. Treat them as learning opportunities and get better next time.
- Motivation? Do you need it?
- Don’t rely on motivation as it comes and goes (like the wind).
- Focus on building habits and discipline.